"Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate, but men will bore through to get there."

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Divine Masculine/Neoplatonic Rant

I can only make glamorous and shining and worship that which for me was lacking... in the past and in my ancient self. For me this was the boy, the man, the strength, the thought, the beauty, the affection of all that is Male... women loved me, raised me, encouraged me- my gratitude for their grounding in the "real" is immense. But what I sought and seek is Inspiration... it does not come from mothers, virgins or goddesses for me, but rather from the delight of Man- the courage of Alexander, the love of David, the liberating transcendence of Christ which draws beyond family. But not the men of this fractured, self-indulgent and puny age, but of man proud, powerful and lighting fire to the expanding cosmos- giving birth to ideas and valiant actions in his way. Neither the way of inward-looking nurture, or of outward-seeking conquest, but of humankind's finest and most complete expression- that of being through Exploration. >discuss<

No comments: