"Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate, but men will bore through to get there."

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Density of Soul

Fear cannot touch me,
It can only taunt me.
It cannot take me-
Just tell me
Where to go.

I can either follow,
Or stay in my bed.

I can hold onto
The things that I know.

The dead stay dead,
They cannot walk.
The shadows are darkness,
And darkness can't talk.


You told me about what you called the light in darkness-
About how life was neither good or bad, but a combination of both
And occasionally good things pop up in the middle of tragedy,
But they still don't make tragedy go away.
They can't protect you. They're just light.
But what you didn't say is that sometimes,
Certain people can be a light in the darkness.
There are some people in this world who are worth saving
When other people decide they shine the wrong kind of light
On the wrong kind of things.
You have been and will always be my light in the darkness.
I love you.


Rocks rot. Only the chant remains.
But overhead, the moon is always beaming.


What fires burn the heart,
From which God did these agonies start?
Our cobwebs strung from death to death
Are too thin-
Our lies the greatest sin.

I will hold you, child not yet born,
And tell you not to forget,
But not to know.
You will soon be dense with memory
And your memory dense with souls.
What fires burn the heart?
From which god did these agonies start?

I hold you, child not yet born,
Yet I am not your god.
Ask me not to stop the pain.
The lies I'll offer,
You need not gain.
I cannot tell you how or why.
I can only teach you
That this world
Calls for you to cry.

-Christopher Rice,
Density Of Souls

No comments: