"Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate, but men will bore through to get there."

Saturday, January 29, 2011

believe it

waiting for too many calls
that will not come
please call
even for just a quick
hello
goodbye
i live you
and whatnot
deeply situated in mock purgatories
waiting
waiting
too exhausted for crying
too exhausted for crying tonight
meet me here tonight
by wire
by any means
just meet me and marry my isolation
obliterate it and damn it to where it belongs
get me out of this place
as soon as is humanely possible
the impossible
implausible
catastrophic
should become me
become you
marry my discontentment
and make me cry
i'll love you for it
i promise
i love you already
always
no matter what

believe it

smoke yourself sick
thinking of me
difficult decisions
and whatnot
below you lives
an attractive young man
do you know him
torn by trusty
indispensable
separatist
bullshit
wood and plaster
built for disaster
prison bars
there he goes again
hiding behind the glass
or not
camouflaged sensitivity
unbeknownst to him


and you who
lives in a department store window
a mannequin
given too much credit
unredeemed you
behave exactly
as a good little woman should
but by day
molten wax
reveals merely
another layer
of 21st century
american dream
"good morning
mrs. cleaver
how do you do?"
it's all very commercial
really don't let them
fool you for a moment

you're a genius, baby.


-Matthew

No comments: