"Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate, but men will bore through to get there."

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sermon o' da Day-

I don't think your faith or spiritual direction is lame! Quite the contrary- I do think that especially after my Unity years, for me, any focus on the "fallen nature" concept- even if true- is unproductive. "And ye shall become new creatures in Christ Jesus!" minus old baggage. If that old stuff has to be constantly revisited and redeemed over and over again, isn't that a denial of the power of the Cross? Wouldn't Jesus weep at our lack of gentleness with ourselves? That's the vertical/horizontal bit a bit- even though it came through the atheist nihilist to me- "that ye may know the depth, and width, and breadth, and height of God's love." That's not utopia- that's four-dimensional reality a la Star Trek & Who! lol You are fabulous! You express your love to family, friends and lil patients constantly. That is not fallen- any hint of that is negative conditioning which makes us hard on ourselves and hard on others. I will be tolerant- but realize that is my point- excessive judgment (even and more importantly of ourselves) is distraction, not the path to redemption! Think about our mother- aye carumba! I see her and that heavy burden of perceived goodness like a weight dragging her into the grave, and I think, Goodness isn't heavy!? I don't find goodness heavy- I find it liberating. It's faith not a sack of stones. "Come unto me all who labor and are heavily laden and I will give you rest." Not a list of tasks or requirements or accomplishments to gain worthiness but REST/peace. Bring it on Jesus!! The next world troubles me not, but living in this one chafes my ass. There is nothing but the Divine so Blessed Be!

No comments: