"Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate, but men will bore through to get there."

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Poems d'amour apres le denoument-

If the sky opened up for me
And the mountains disappeared,
If the seas ran dry, turned to dust
And the sun refused to rise...
I would still find my way
By the light I see in your eyes.
The world I know fades away
But you stay.
If the years take away
Every memory that I have,
I would still know the way
That would lead me back to your side.
-js

HABITATION

Marriage is not a tent
Or even a house.
It is before that, and colder:
The edge of the forest
The edge of the desert
The unpainted stairs at the back
Where we squat outside
Eating popcorn.
The edge of the receding glacier
Where painfully and with wonder
At having survived even this far,
We are learning to make Fire!

No comments: