Sunday, January 29, 2012
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
ROGER GOODMAN reads from THOUGHTS OF A TRIBAL ELDER
Join us as Roger Goodman reads from his new book, THOUGHTS OF A TRIBAL LEADER: One Queerman's Journey from the Ashes Risen.
This book documents Roger's extraordinary life's journey through the sources of his addictions, and how they played an integral part in his life experiences. These are detailed in his spiritual quest to understand his being in this life. His quest takes him through Queer history, symbols, mythology, rituals, and spiritualities. This spiritual quest is further developed through his experiencing AIDS related illnesses and with returning to life after encounters with the Death Crone. These all unfolded through his recovery from these addictions until where he has today peace and serenity, as he never achieved previously.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
- Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
- An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;
- Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
- Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.
- I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
- A singular development of cat communications
- That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
- For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
- A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
- You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
- And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
- It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.
- O Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
- Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
- And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
- I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.